Monday, May 4, 2015

Such a sweetheart

In spite of this crazy-making illness, Alzheimer's does have some beautiful moments.  And they are usually out of the blue.  Today while I was in physical therapy, He-Who walked to the HEB just out our front gate and had this lovely, lovely card to give me when I returned to the apartment.  No envelope but the thought was there along with the love and he remembered!  What a sweetheart and I am amazed and grateful for his love and thoughtfulness.
And I'm trying not to go into worry mode that he will wander afar while I am away but he wears a MedicAlert bracelet.  I'm convincing myself and him that all will be well.
And I will look at that beautiful card for a long time.

4 comments:

  1. Cherish the card and what it tells you about Ken at this moment. It's a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how the hardest of times can allow for moments like this. I guess it speaks of the resilience of man amidst constraints that are brought by diseases such as Alzheimer's. These moments are really something to treasure. Thanks for sharing, Kay. Take care!

    Krystal Copeland @ Countryside Village

    ReplyDelete