Thursday, March 5, 2015

Ugly thoughts

It is a good thing that this caregiver is going out to a program on poetry with a girl friend as the whole episode about The Amazing Place has pissed me off.  And I don't get pissed very often but I'm having some very tacky thoughts.  Think about it, folks.  These Alz patients get waited on hand and foot.  They don't worry about what is for dinner, do I have a clean shirt, preparing the income tax, getting the car serviced, refilling and dispensing medication, doing the laundry, deciding what to wear, which grandchild has a birthday coming up, what to get anyone for Christmas, birthdays, paying bills, banking, are those dishes in the dishwasher clean or dirty, calling repairmen.  They eat, sleep and pretty much do whatever they want.  The incredibly sad thing is that they don't even know they are missing out on all those things.  I would so love to know He-Who's thoughts at times...what would his life be like if there was no one there to do for him?  Would he notice an empty refrigerator?  Would he think to eat?  Would he wander off looking for something?
Do they worry about anything besides how to get Channel 80 on the TV?
Okay, I've ranted...thank you.  I'm done for now.

2 comments:

  1. Sooooooooo, try doing none of those things for three days. Perhaps because YOU do all those things, he doesn't do them........Hmmmmm, now there is a radical thought! Rant away..........Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kay! I can't imagine taking this journey with my husband it is difficult enough with my mother but I have my husband's help and support. I imagine that there where are times that you get so tired and overwhelmed. I hope you have the support of your family and friends. Although if you are not going through it day after day you really can't understand it. I am stopping by from The Diary of an Alzheimer's Caregiver and I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete