Tuesday, May 30, 2017

February 15 and 16

I'm still not up to speed and only driving to Walgreen's around the corner and the Post Office.  Frequently I wake up at night with hip pain and just can't seem to get my energy back.  And damn!  We are preparing to move!!  I have contacted Comfort Moves and Marylynne.  She and her wonderful crew came and packed up my studio and all the art work.  The dining room is full of boxes.  Nephew Greg came for the coffee table and the big mirror in the bedroom.  That pretty much leaves our clothes and the kitchen.  He-Who has long since given up using his computer and desk so I will use his desk in our new place and give mine to granddaughter Kate.
He-Who seems to be handling it all pretty well and getting a little excited about the move.  As long as he has TV and the newspaper keeps comming and he can get to the dining room table, he's a happy camper.
Comfort Moves will come back on Monday and Tuesday of next week to finish packing.  We will go stay at Keith and Sue's and the movers are scheduled to load on Wednesday, March 1.  Yikes!  Looks like we are finally going to get to San Antonio.  I gave the Post Office our new address so it feels official.

We spent the day getting rid of more stuff and running some pre-move errands.  I played Mexican train dominoes at Polly Clark's as I will not have another opportunity.  He-Who was asleep when I got home.  I'm not feeling well--achy and have some congestion.  Ellen Orsburn wasn't feeling well either and we hops we aren't coming down the the crud that is going around Brookdale.  A couple of people have been hospitalized with it.
It's kinda weird walking around the apartment with all the boxes but it won't be long now.

No comments:

Post a Comment