Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Poster child? Ha!

It's clear I'm no poster child for recovery.  The hip is taking longer than I expected and I'm still not driving which is frustrating for us both.  At least I am able to go to more activities here at Brookdale that include He-Who.  He loves the Life Story class on Monday mornings and though he doesn't contribute anymore, I like to think that maybe hearing the stories of others he can recall some of his own.
Our plans to move to San Antonio are becoming more solid.  Our designated apartment at Watercrest at the Dominion is still not finished.  Now they are saying the end of April.  I complained loudly:  "No, no, no.  This won't work for us.  My sister-in-law and I have a big joint 80th birthday party planned for March 11 at our son's house in San Antonio.  We have been planning this for months.  Family members have plane tickets, hotel reservations, etc.  We have to be moved!"
Watercrest's Brandy Davis, the resident counselor who sold us the apartment, called and offered us a temporary apartment until ours is ready...same floor plan.  Whew!  I've been concerned that the longer the move is delayed, the harder it will be for He-Who to get oriented.  I am afraid if we wait much longer, he will need the memory care unit and I will have to go into a much smaller apartment.  At least with the same floor plan as our future apartment, I am hopeful it won't be so confusing for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment